Veteran Looking for Work
VA Programs & Services
Finding a meaningful, satisfying job is among the most important things that a Veteran can do to support his or her recovery from a mental health or substance abuse problem. The VA has a few different web resources to help you in this process. Please visit:
- Veterans Employment Toolkit - Resources for Veterans: This section of the toolkit is designed to provide Veterans with answers and resources in finding and obtaining employment, as well as making career decisions. (This toolkit also contains pertinent information for employers, managers/supervisors, human resource professionals.)
- VA for Vets: This site facilitates the reintegration, retention and hiring of Veteran employees at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA for Vets offers career- search tools for Veterans seeking employment at VA, in addition to career development services, and coaching and reintegration support for military Service Members.
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program: This program assists Veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. For Veterans with service-connected disabilities so severe that they cannot immediately consider work, this program offers services to improve their ability to live as independently as possible.
- VetSuccess.gov: This is a comprehensive one-stop site for Veteran and Servicemember employment needs. Veterans can browse job listings, post resumes, and apply for positions directly on the site. Employers can post jobs, view Veteran resumes, and receive job applications.
- Compensated Work Therapy (CWT): CWT is a vocational rehabilitation program that strives to match and support work ready Veterans in competitive jobs. Services include work site and job assessment, staff training and consultation services, employee screening, job matching, and follow-up services.