Get Help: Find Local Care - Accessing Care
VA offers treatment in many different care settings. See the sections below to learn more about the various ways to receive mental health information, trainings, and treatment. Make an appointment or speak with your VA provider about ways to access care that fit your lifestyle.
- If you are already using VA medical services, ask your primary care provider to help you make an appointment with a VA mental health provider.
- If you are not already using VA medical services, contact your nearest VA medical center or Vet Center to talk about your needs and how to enroll.
- VA offers telemental health options, via video and phone, that do not require you to travel to a facility. Connect with local VA providers to learn about their telehealth options, and schedule or reschedule your appointment online.
- Your provider can help you get started with VA Telehealth Services. Learn how to talk with your provider to see if telehealth is right for you.
- There are more tools than ever before to support your mental health. Complement your care with mental health apps. These resources can help you manage posttraumatic stress disorder-related symptoms and stress, learn to practice mindfulness, manage depression symptoms and more.
- Veteran Training is a self-help portal that provides tools for overcoming everyday challenges. The portal has tools to help Veterans work on problem-solving skills, manage anger, develop parenting skills and more in an entirely anonymous environment. The free tools are based on mental health practices that have proven successful with Veterans and their families.